With the reopening of Walt Disney World Resort, Disney has taken a measured and deliberate approach to enhance the Disney Resort experience. These changes are detailed on the Know Before You Go website. Since the site continues to evolve over time, be sure to review it before a trip to ensure that the information you have is up to date. Click here to check out the Disney Resort hotels Know Before You Go website. (updated on June 9, 2021)
Before we dive in to some of the great benefits of staying on property at Disney, let’s discuss some new things Disney has added!
Online Check-In Service
To help with physical distancing efforts, reduce registration time, and simplify arrival, I recommend for you to use Online Check-In Service prior to arrival if you’re staying at a Disney Resort hotel. You can use either the My Disney Experience (MDE) app or the website at StartYourDisneyExperience.com. You can use this convenient service to complete online check-in any time after your Resort reservation is linked to your MDE profile, up to and including your arrival day. I highly recommend using the MDE app because some functions are only available in the app.
Once you complete Online Check-In Service, you can also use Direct-to-Room service. This will allow you to proceed directly to your Disney Resort room without visiting the front desk. This can help reduce unnecessary contact. On arrival day, you will receive real-time updates on your mobile device, such as notifications when your room is ready, and your assigned room number. When your room is ready, you can use maps in the MDE app to locate your assigned room. Then, you can unlock your door with your MagicBand, or use the “Unlock Door” feature in the MDE app. You may still pick up room keys at the front desk of your Disney Resort, if you wish.
You can utilize the In-App Chat feature of the MDE app to ask questions you might typically ask in person at the front desk. For example, you may want to know the operating hours for a certain dining location. Instead of making a trip to visit the lobby, you can simply ask the question via In-App Chat from wherever you happen to be at the moment.
Prior to your departure at the end of your stay, you will receive a notification from the MDE app to indicate whether or not you must visit the front desk before leaving. If you successfully completed Online Check-In Service before your stay, you will typically find that you can check out without visiting the front desk. This provides convenience and promotes physical distancing.
Disney Resorts Collection
Walt Disney World Resort is “The Most Magical Place on Earth.” You can come stay in the magic with the Disney Resorts Collection. These unique Disney Resort hotels feature the same legendary storytelling, detail, and Guest service found in the Theme Parks. Here, you can experience enchantment around every corner – you may even spot some familiar Disney friends palling around together. Whether you are taking in views of an African savanna, swimming alongside Nemo and friends, or savoring the flavors of the Polynesian isles, you will find fun and surprising Disney touches in every detail. With room types that can accommodate intimate getaways for two, extended family gatherings for 12, and everything in between, there truly is something for nearly every family size and budget. You can also enjoy the ease and convenience of getting around Walt Disney World Resort, and receive more enchanting perks, with a stay in the Disney Resorts Collection.
Guests that are staying at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels, Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels, Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, and Waldorf Astoria Orlando are also able to take advantage of these benefits.
From unique accommodations to distinctive dining options, themed rooms and more, Disney Resort hotels offer you a variety of options that exemplify the Disney Difference.
- Proximity & Transportation – Staying at a Disney Resort hotel puts you in the middle of the magic, close to the Theme Parks, Water Parks, and Disney Springs. If you drive your own vehicle or rent a car and are staying in a Disney Resort hotel, you can enjoy complimentary standard parking at the Disney Theme Parks and Water Parks. Or, you can use Disney’s complimentary network of motor coaches, boats, monorails, and more to move between all these destinations with ease. And don’t forget about the state of the art gondola system, Disney Skyliner, which conveniently connects select Disney Resort hotels with Hollywood Studios and Epcot.
- Activities & Amenities – Disney Resort hotels feature amenities that immerse you in the worlds of classic Disney tales – including themed pools with slides, poolside activities, Disney Character Dining Experiences, unique recreation, delightful surprises, and more.
- Special Offerings – Guests staying at a Disney Resort hotel can purchase MagicBands at special prices up to 10 days before they arrive. Your MagicBands can be personalized with different colors, favorite Disney Characters, and fun themes – and can even be customized with your name.
- More Time in the Park – Guests of Disney Resort hotels and other select hotels will soon be able to enjoy more fun with 30-minute early entry to any of the four Disney Theme Parks, every day – coming later in 2021 as part of The World’s Most Magical Celebration. It’ll be a great way for you to get a jump start on your Disney day, no matter the day! This new early entry benefit helps provide added flexibility, by giving you extra time each day in the Park of your choosing.
- Endless Possibilities – With all of the great options in the Disney Resorts Collection, you are sure to find one – or more than one – that suites you. With a variety of different themes and price points, you have a world of options to consider. Remember that you’re not just choosing a place to sleep at night – you’re choosing a home for the duration of your Walt Disney World Resort vacation.
Rooms That Make Dreams Come True
- Disney Themed Rooms – Stay in rooms with the same fantasy and adventure that bring Disney stories to life! Disney Story Rooms are inspired by your favorite films and are at select hotels. At Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, there is The Little Mermaid room and family suites inspired by The Lion King, Cars, and Finding Nemo. There are Pirate Rooms where the beds are pirate ships at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. The theming of the Disney Resort hotels is like no other and really immerses you and gives you the full experience.
- Sleep Under the Stars – Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground allow you to relax and unwind. There are rustic campsites and cabins close to the pools, theme parks, shopping, trails, and more. The cabins are fully equipped and spacious and feel just like home. The campsites at the campgrounds accommodate tents as well as RVs.
- Options for 5 or More Guests – If you want to stay somewhere beyond a regular hotel room, I’ve got the perfect place for you. Disney has Family Suites, Cabins, and Deluxe Villas that are perfect for parties of 5 or more. Separate bedrooms/sleeping areas are perfect for some extra space and privacy. These rooms have a kitchenette or fully equipped kitchen. They also have a living and dining area.
To begin planning and creating your dream vacation, request a free quote here!