Since the theme parks reopened in July of 2020, Disney has taken a measured and deliberate approach to implement a number of health and well-being measures based on guidance from various governmental authorities and health agencies. (updated June 9, 2021)
To help you plan and prepare for your visit, be sure to check out the Know Before You Go website. Here, you will find important information such as:
- Current health and safety measures
- What you’ll need to enter a Theme Park, Water Park, or Disney Springs
- Which attractions and entertainment are currently operating
- Updates to services, amenities, and transportation
- Which dining locations are available
Theme Park Reservation Availability Calendar
The new systems that you use to book Park reservations is called the Disney Park Pass system. You can use the Theme Park Reservation Availability Calendar to help you choose which Park to visit first on a given day, before you begin the Park reservation process. Click here to see the Theme Park Reservation Availability Calendar.
Park Hopper Option
If you have a ticket or annual pass that includes Park Hopper benefits, you can visit more than one Park per day with some new modifications as part of Disney’s ongoing focus on health and safety.
You can use the Park Hopper benefits of your ticket within specific hours each day that will start no later than 2:00PM and end at each Park’s scheduled closing time. You should check the online Park hours calendar or the My Disney Experience app for the most up to date Park Hopper hours, as they may vary by day and Park. Click here to view the Park Hours Calendar.
To use the Park Hopper benefits of your ticket, you must make a Disney Park Pass reservation for the first Park they plan to visit each day, and you must also enter that first Park prior to visiting any others that day. At this time, a Park Reservation is not required after the first Park each day; however, reservation requirements are subject to change.
On the day of your visit, you should check the My Disney Experience app, as well as posted signage, for availability of other Parks that you may wish to visit. You should be prepared to present your ticket or annual pass prior to boarding complimentary transportation between Theme Parks. If you wish to drive your own vehicle you should be prepared to present your ticket or annual pass at the Auto Plaza for the next Theme Park you wish to visit.
My Disney Experience
My Disney Experience (MDE) plays a key role for visiting Walt Disney World Resort. The helpful technology behind the MDE can provide you with the most efficient experience possible if you follow these steps:
- Disney Account – you must have a Disney account to access MDE. This is the same account you use for other Disney services such as Disney+ or shopDisney. Access to MDE is required to book Park reservations.
- Travel Party – you register for or sign in to MDE by visiting StartYourDisneyExperience.com. Then, you should create a Family & Friends list that includes the members of your travel party.
- Link Reservation – you must link your reservation to your MDE account by entering the confirmation number provided by me, your Travel Professional.
Disney Park Pass System
Once you have purchased your tickets or vacation package, and have created your MDE account, it’s time for you to make your Park reservations. Here’s how to make a Park reservation:
- Confirmed Linked Tickets – you must have valid Park admission that’s been linked to your Disney account.
- Create Party – after signing in to MDE, you create your travel party from your Family & Friends list.
- Select a Date and Park – choose the date, and the Theme Park that you wish to visit first on that date. Park reservations are subject to availability.
- Review and Confirm – carefully review and confirm your selected Park and date.
You must repeat this process to book addition Park reservations for each day they wish to visit a Park. Only one Park can be reserved per day.
My Disney Experience Mobile App
My Disney Experience (MDE) is available as a website, and also as a mobile app for Apple and Android mobile devices. The app offers many of the same functions as the website; however, the app has additional features that make it very useful for you once you’re on your Walt Disney World vacation. For example, the MDE app can give you reminders of any reservations and experiences you’ve planned by way of push notifications, and it can help you make updates, manage your tickets, and make additional plans.
Let’s take a look at some of the features that are available exclusively in the MDE app:
- Online Dining Check-In – during your visit, you may enjoy dining at Table-Service restaurants, and a new mobile check-in feature allows you to bypass the host stand upon arrival at select locations. The dining check-in feature also allows you to adjust some aspects of your dining reservation, such as noting seating and accessibility needs, making dining and allergy requests, and providing updates to special celebrations. When your table is ready, you will receive a push notification from the MDE app.
- Mobile Order at Quick-Service Restaurants – you can also use the MDE app to enhance your Quick-Service dining experiences and minimize your wait time by browsing menus and ordering meals in advance, from virtually anywhere, with cashless transactions. Orders are then prepared when you arrive at the selected Quick-Service dining location and check in using the MDE app.
- Check Dining Availability, Wait Times, and More – you can check dining availability, filter wait times by Theme Park, and more, and can choose to view results as a list or as pins on a map. You can also determine the best route from one location to another within Walt Disney World Resort by seeing Disney transportation options, complete with estimated travel times. You an continue to use the MDE app even after your visit, to purchase and download memories you created using Disney PhotoPass service.
As technology and the needs of humans evolve, Disney continues to invent and innovate ways to ensure that you can enjoy the magic. Now, you will be able to experience your visit to Walt Disney World Resort with a new option: Disney MagicMobile.
Disney MagicMobile is a digital pass that you can create using the MDE app, which then is added to your smart device’s digital wallet. To use a MagicMobile Pass, you can hold your iPhone, Apple Watch, or Android phone near an access point, just like you would with a MagicBand. You can use a MagicMobile Pass:
- At Theme Park and Water Park entrances
- At attraction access points
- With Disney PhotoPass photographers
- When checking in to Disney’s Magical Express service
Although a MagicMobile Pass may act much like a MagicBand, you can choose to use your MagicMobile Pass or a MagicBand – whichever option works best during your visit. You can even use both and alternate between the two for added flexibility.